Galvin Engineering is a strong advocate for looking after the earth and especially preserving Western Australia's lands, coasts, wildlife, vegetation & climate. The company achieved ISO 14001 certification in 2012.
Galvin Engineering supplies a complete range of customised water control products and machined castings and services. Within these ranges Galvin Engineering manufactures a wide range of environmentally friendly products such as WELS approved water saving tapware; fittings used in solar hot water systems; self closing mechanical and electrical tapware, etc.
Our foundry uses locally sourced 100% recycled steel, and fully recycles all non-ferrous runners, risers, swarf and reject material.
As a long standing and highly ethical corporate citizen, Galvin Engineering is committed to protecting the environment by:
- Providing resources to implement and meet the requirements of the environmental policy
- Supporting the efforts of the Environmental / Community Committee which has been formed of employees from different departments of the Company.
- Promoting internal awareness by supporting projects that seek solutions to environmental problems in order to improve the sustainability of the global environment.
- Provide a leadership role in the wider community by actively encouraging our employees to promote environmental awareness outside of the workplace to family and friends.
- Integrating environmental stewardship into all facets of our operations;
- Conducting all business in a responsible manner; respecting the environment;
- Fostering the sustainable use of the earth's resources by careful selection of environmentally conscious suppliers.
- Complying with all applicable statutory environmental laws and regulations.
Every Galvin Engineering employee has a responsibility to protect Western Australia's unique environment and way of life in every reasonable way possible. In support of this policy, Galvin Engineering commits to the following strategic environmental objectives:
- We will achieve compliance with all applicable environmental requirements.
- We will implement, monitor and continually improve an environmental management system, and effectively train our employees and contractors.
- We will integrate sound environmental practices and compliance into our design and decision making processes, in consideration of the potential impact of our activities on the environment.
- We will adopt cost effective practices to eliminate, minimise or mitigate environmental impacts.
- We will establish appropriate environmental performance indicators to guide our efforts and measure our progress and performance.
- Reducing our carbon footprint as much as practical and to monitor greenhouse gas emissions against the standards set by the NGERS (National Green House and Energy Reporting Scheme).
- Recycle wood, paper, plastic and metals as much as practicable, with zero recyclables to land-fill.
Current Company initiatives include but are not limited to:
- The use of extraction fans and filtration systems for foundry emissions.
- The use of water efficient devices in taps, shower heads, urinals, etc.
- The use of 100% recycled paper where practical.
- The re-use and recycling of used paper and cardboard packaging.
- The re-use and recycling of wood waste.
- The return to recycling companies of used batteries, printer cartridges, mobile phones and computer equipment.
- Using energy efficient lighting in offices and in the factory.
- Minimizing the use of air conditioners and heaters.
- Continual redesign of products and improvements in processes to reduce waste.
- Reusing scrap or reject metals.
- Recycling the majority of green sand used in the foundry.
- Donating to the Conservation Council of WA.
- Actively promoting and supporting activities such as Clean Up Australia Day